The Samsung Galaxy Note range kicked started the trend for big phones. I must admit, I thought the first Note looked way to big – it’ll never catch on I thought. But that was then and this is now, today we are taking a look at the Galaxy Note 7, the latest in the range of over sized phones.
The latest evolution demonstrates that Samsung have thought carefully about making a large sized phone that works, this is not just a big version of their more traditional Galaxy S7.
Unfortunately the Note 7 suffered a few incidents of over heating, whilst the consequences of this were serious the problem only affected a handful out of the millions of devices shipped. Samsung too the decision to halt production and recall affected units. If you are in possession of a Note 7 you can find out more about the return scheme here.
- Official Site: Search Samsung.com for official firmware, drivers, support etc
- Wikipedia: Find the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on Wikipedia
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Review
The Note 7 received good reviews in the build up to release. It was noted for its fantastic screen and best in class camera, capable of 4k video.
- TrustedReviews "Galaxy S7 aside, there aren’t any other phones (iPhones very much included) that are this close to perfection." (4.5/5)
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 FAQ
- Canada/China/US/Japan: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- World: Samsung Exynos 8890