February 6, 2009 at 9:04 pm #161037soldierxMember
This is huge news. I just talked with an Anonymous tipster and apparently the NC10 is never to arrive in Canada for sale. He talked with distributers of netbooks in canada and they had gotten notice from Samsung that because Asus has 20% of the market and Acer has the other 80% of the market in netbooks that there afraid to invest in advertising in Canada as they may not sell enough netbooks to overlook the price of marketing in Canada. This is super injustice for people who have been waiting since December in Canada to get their hands on such an amazing netbook that out does all the rest.February 6, 2009 at 10:55 pm #182836summertanMember
Cant you just buy it from amazon or ebay?February 10, 2009 at 5:11 am #182838tailaiMember
no, it will be a pain in the neck to get it replaced if it were ever to be broken, because the warranty is not canadian. The price is way to high as well for canadaland.February 10, 2009 at 8:03 am #182835TCMuffinMember
It’s no good guys….you’ll just have to emigrate 😉February 10, 2009 at 12:02 pm #182831jezMember
Yes there are some on ebay, check out the site’s canadian netbook auction page! And buying through this site helps support it too! Everyone’s a winner!February 10, 2009 at 12:17 pm #182834s162000Member
So do Samsung sell laptops at all in Canada?February 10, 2009 at 2:01 pm #182832February 22, 2009 at 5:53 am #182839RomanMember
no, it will be a pain in the neck to get it replaced if it were ever to be broken, because the warranty is not canadian. The price is way to high as well for canadaland.
Since I may be about to import an NC20 to the US from the UK, this interests me. If the NC20 should never be formally released in America, will I have no warranty? No idea how this works.March 24, 2009 at 10:11 pm #182837summertanMember
Both NC10 and NC20 have International warranty if bought from UK. I talked to a USA samsung customer service over the phone. He told me that in order to be able to use the warranty I have to be the original buyer, must have a receipt. If needed, the netbook can be serviced either in UK or in local facility at USA. I don’t know if they have laptop facility in Canada since samsung doesnt sell laptops in canada, at least their canadian site doesn’t show any laptops.
So bottom line is, if you are canadian and you buy it from UK with original receipt, you could use the international warranty either in UK or in USA.
NC10 bought from USA doesn’t have international warranty, at least the USA samsung site doesn’t mention it.February 11, 2010 at 10:23 am #182840philip936Member
I bought the NC10 in Toronto area early October 2009 and very pleased with it. My only question concerns the “red” keys. I have installe french-canadian, but it is not quite correct. Anybody can help please?February 11, 2010 at 11:11 am #182833AlfiharParticipant
I bought the NC10 in Toronto area early October 2009 and very pleased with it. My only question concerns the “red” keys. I have installe french-canadian, but it is not quite correct. Anybody can help please?
Take a look at this thread, it may be able to help. Though I think you will need to have the French version of Windows installed.January 27, 2011 at 7:38 am #182830AnonymousGuest
It will not be a pain in the neck to get it replaced if it were ever to be broken, because the warranty is not canadian. The price is way to high as well for canadaland.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.