February 16, 2009 at 5:57 pm #161171
I found an interview of the IT Division director for Samsung France, AgnÃ¨s Van de Walle, and there is some interesting information about NC10. Let me try to summarize :
NC10 Success : (Certainly just in France…, i don’t know)
– 5 % of the netbook market in Q4 2008
– Despite of all “netbook”s, demand stay important.
– 40 000 units in January (hope 100 000 for the Q1 2009)
NC10 Strategy :
– NC10 is used as a “trojan” in the market : you buy a NC10 from samsung, and will certainly buy other products (LCD, cell phone…)
– New NC10s will come out to fit to different kind of customers. they found 5 kind of customers or potentialy customers.
New NC10s in 2009 :
– One for newcomers…
– One girly (pink, or hello kitty) (it’s already somewhere ;), but not in France)
– One for Small and medium enterprises and Small office (SMEs & SoHo)
– One “trendy”
– One “musical” with a 2.1 sound system integrated and maybe a partnership with an online music seller
– And maybe another one, for a special event (Valentines’ day, Christmas, Olympics games,.. you see…)
This is not 100% sure, but it could be a reality in 2009.
If you need more information or enlightment, do not hesitate.
Source (in french…) : Here
*** New Link : Liliputing ***February 16, 2009 at 6:09 pm #183988TCMuffinMember
Good find and thank you for the translation 🙂February 17, 2009 at 4:38 pm #183989
You are welcome. 🙂
It’s a good point that Samsung want to keep the NC10 near the customers’ needs.February 17, 2009 at 7:08 pm #183986BritmanMember
Thanks for that, some interesting info, still no mention of 3G.February 17, 2009 at 10:04 pm #183990
Actualy, they talk about an NC10 with an integrated 3G+ module (just a white model). It’s provide by SFR, a french mobile network operator.
It’s already available.
Another nmobile network operator will provide it after the 2nd of March (Bouyges Telecom), but this time it’s the black version.
I don’t know it it will be possible to buy it without contract…
Source : http://www.espaceclient2.bouyguestelecom.fr/mes_news/mes_actualites/(nodeID)/17693?IVChan=BSK&xtor=EPR-700155-%5BCFF_E-NEWSLETTERTUR_20090218_INF_C1_R1_1171%5D-20090218-%5B%5D-1146671-20090218122210February 17, 2009 at 10:20 pm #183987BritmanMember
I’d rather have a none contract based one.February 17, 2009 at 11:36 pm #183991
As i see on their website, you can have it for 399â‚¬ without any engagement. Just with a “prepaid” card system to reload your account.
I don’t know if you can connect on other network.
If i find more information, i will let you know.February 18, 2009 at 1:17 am #183985adatay92Member
20Syl this post got linked from lilputingFebruary 18, 2009 at 8:59 am #183992
Thanks, i will add this link to my first post.February 18, 2009 at 9:23 am #183984jezMember
Yeah nice one 20Syl! Thanks very much for sharing and it’s great for me to get a link from liliputing article :)!
I actually didn’t notice this thread until I saw that article lol! I try to keep track of everything via RSS but it misses many posts, my RSS reader needs to download more often I think. Or maybe the site needs to update the feed more often? I’ll investigate.
Back on topic – interesting stuff. Nice to see Samsung are keeping the NC10 momentum going.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.