- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 9 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Well this is an old hack, but with a limited desktop, and the freely available dock software out there (Rocketdock RK Dock ect…) which all have recycle bin applets, there is little need to have either of these icons on screen
Bin the Bin
Open Registry Editor. (regedit)
In Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:
Find the following key:
right click and Delete the above key.
You may need to restart but otherwise y’done.
Boot the Bluetooth
Download TweakUI from XP powerToys, theres some other good’uns there too like cleartype tweaking, but for now you just need to concentrate on Tweak UI.
Once installed, find the desktop section, you will have to option of removing several desktop items, one of which is Bluetooth Places.
Bluetooth places can still be accessed via the start bar.
Another easy way to delete the ‘My Bluetooth Places’ icon on the desktop is to do the following:
1. Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select â€˜Propertiesâ€™.
2. Select the â€˜Desktopâ€™ tab, then â€˜Customize Desktopâ€™ and a new window will open.
3. Under â€˜Desktop cleanupâ€™, at the bottom of the new window, Untick â€˜Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 daysâ€™ and select â€˜Clean Desktop Nowâ€™.
4. Once the â€˜Desktop Cleanup Wizardâ€™ opens, select â€˜Nextâ€™
5. Tick the box next to â€˜My Bluetooth Placesâ€™, select â€˜Nextâ€™ and then â€˜Finishâ€™.
6. There will now be a folder on your desktop named â€˜Unused Desktop Shortcutsâ€™.
7. Delete this folder and the â€˜My Bluetooth Placesâ€™ icon will be completely removed from your desktop.
Or, if you go download TweakUI for Microsoft XP from Microsoft, it should be able to provide a GUI to do this and a whole lot more.
Thanks for the tips – the blueetooth icon was really staring to annoy me.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.