- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 9 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
I’m a newbie, but after reading many of your forum posts, I’ve learned a lot.
However, I still have two “beginner” questions:
1. I received my NC10 yesterday and flew through set-up with no problems: deleted McAfee and replaced it with ESET NOD32 Antivirus (which my university recommends), added Thinkfree (MS Office alternative), and the Google web browser (as an alternative to Explorer, which I detest). Everything seems to be just fine….so what’s in the Manufacturer’s CD (not the system restore one, but the pink one), and do I need it?
2. If I want to link to a desktop to download things on CDs, what steps should I follow?
1. It’s the System Software CD and contains all the hardware drivers plus numerous Samsung utilities such as Magic Doctor, Update Plus and Battery Manager and should only be necessary if you ever have to do a complete reload or Hard Drive upgrade.
2. Depends exactly you want to do and what the desktop is. You can connect to another PC via WiFi or Bluetooth depending on the facilities available on the PC.
1. As stated above drivers and Samsung software that are already installed on your NC10 so don’t worry about this disc for now. The only time you will need it is if you do a clean operating system install, and even then all the software and drivers are available on the Samsung website.
2. It very much depends on your set up at home. Whether you use a wired or wireless connection you should ensure both computers belong to the same “workgroup”. Then right click on the CD drive on your desktop and share it. You should then be able to browse workgroup computers from your NC10 and see your desktop with the shared CD drive which you will be able to access from your NC10.
I have simplified the networking bit quite alot as I’m not sure what your ability level is but if you have any more questions just post them here and I’m sure someone will try and help you out.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.