First off you will need a valid license for Microsoft Word or one of Microsoft Office bundles. If you have that and you don’t know how to install it without a shared drive on a network or an external drive hooked up to you NC10 here are some very simple steps to accomplish it. I am assuming you have access to another computer that does have a dvd drive in it.
1. Put disk 1 of the Office product that you have a license for in the dvd drive of the computer you have available.
2. Pick a storage median that you have access to. That could be a SD card or a usb flash drive for example.
3. Connect this storage median to the same computer you put the Office dvd in.
4. Open up Windows Explorer and locate the dvd drive and the drive where the storage median is.
5. Using Windows Explorer make a folder called Office Disk 1 on the flash or SD drive. If this is an empty disc this is not necessary but it just makes for a less confusing method.
6. Now in Windows Explorer open the drive where the Office disc is.
7. Select all the files on the Office disc and then copy them. (Ctrl A to select all, Ctrl C to copy) (or right click on your mouse offers these choices)
8. Now go back to the drive where your storage median is and open the folder you created called Office disc 1.
9. Paste all the files you just copied from the Office disc in there. (Ctrl V to paste or use the option to paste on your right mouse click)
10. Once the paste is complete, remove the storage median and connect it to your NC10
11. Open the folder with Windows Explorer and locate the setup executable. Double click it to start the install.
12. Follow the instructions in the dialog boxes that the Office install software provide.
Viola..your are done!